Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 Beauty Essentials

Last year I did this post and looking back at them Id have to say only a couple of them are the same.  Goes to show how much I do change my beauty products.  I own alot of makeup so I try and use everything I own so that I don't neglect anything.  This past year I have learnt that not all high end makeup is good.  Last year I was just starting out my blog and I wanted to buy everything expensive which gave my wallet a run for its money, but drugstore products have stepped up their game and I am excited to see what is in store for this year.  This year I added in a few extra categories like Brand Winner (which brand stood out the most) and Brand Loser (which brand blew, don't waste your money on)

Skincare:
Clinique 3 step system for combination skin
(this probably wont change until my skin starts to reject it then I have to find new product)
Brand Winner: Clinique

Foundation:
Drugstore:  Revlon Photo Ready
High End:  Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer OR Nars Sheer Matte
(I use all 3 of these in rotation, that's how much I love them)

Brand Winner:  Laura Mercier - This brand stood out the most to me this year and I found the holy grail of tinted moisturizers/primers
Brand Loser:  Maybaline - Their Fit Me line disappointed me, I had such high hopes for it.


Face Powder:
Drugstore:  Marcelle Translucent Powder
High End:  Mac Studio Fix

Brand Winner: Mac
Brand Loser: Revlon - I believe this product broke me out but Im not 100% sure

Blush:
Drugstore:  The Balm OR Maybaline baked blushes
High End:  Tarte Amazon Clay OR Nars
(This was tough because Blush is my favorite and it was hard to just pick a couple)

Brand Winner: Tarte & Nars
Brand Loser: Mac - I just don't reach for those blushes anymore after finding others, I really should though

Concealer:
Drugstore:  Rimmel True Match
High End: Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

Winner: Rimmel
Loser: Benefit Erase Paste

Mascara:
Drugstore: L'Oreal Million Lashes OR Prestige my blackest lash
High End:  Dior Show
(This year I tried to play around with mascara and was quite surprised to find that drugstore mascara is just as good)

Winner: Prestige
Loser: None

Eye Shadow(s)/Palettes:
Drugstore:  Maybaline
High End:  Naked Palette OR Too Faced Neutral Palette
(I'm an eyeshadow junkie, this is a product I don't rotate, I find some colors (naturals) and I stick to them.)

Winner: Urban Decay
Loser: Mac - Again, I really should start reaching for these products

Nail Polish:
Drugstore:  Essie & Revlon
High End: OPI
(Essie has recently started selling in drugstores and I couldn't be happier, this started my nail polish obsession)

Winner: OPI & Essie
Loser: Zoya - I bought 3 bottles and still haven't used them, I just don't like the brush.



Perfume:
Drugstore: None
High End: Marc Jacobs Daisy & DKNY Green Apple
(my scent changes from season to season so who knows what it will be like come spring)

No comments:

Post a Comment